We have brought new technology of Reactive Colloidal Silica Nano Technology from Lythic USA for densification and dust proofing. Dust Proofing, Product description Lythic Densifier is a blend of inorganic polymer materials that penetrates slab concrete to increase surface density and hardness. Utilising a proprietary and green manufacturing process, Its formulation of uniform, concentrated, Nano sized particles, suspended in an ultra low surface tension liquid, penetrates deeply into concrete surfaces bonding with the cement components of the slab. It makes an extremely hard, dense floor surface that has increased wear resistance to foot and fork lift traffic. It is water based and environmentally friendly and is VOC compliant in all states.
It will help create hardwear floor for existing and newly troweled green concrete floors. Until recently, all densifiers used alkali-metal compounds called silicates, such as sodium silicate, Dust Proofing, potassium silicate, or lithium silicate. Silicates are old technology. They have many drawbacks which are overcome by a new type of densifier chemistry, colloidal silica nano technology.
Colloidal silica works by reacting with lime in concrete. During hydration, approximately 20 per cent of a concrete mixture’s portland cement is converted to lime, which has no structural value in concrete. However, colloidal silica pozzolanically reacts with lime to form CSH strengthening crystals. Concrete also contains naturally occurring silica. Because silica bonds best to itself, colloidal silica is able to build up more density and strength in a concrete surface. It can be applied to new, hardtroweled floors, or to existing slabs.
• Fills porosity/capillaries of concrete creating a permanent bond that makes floors and walls harder, less prone to dusting and absorption of most liquids
• Meets VOC regulations and LEED qualifying standards
• Resists penetration of many liquids including oils and many chemicals
• Helps minimise many rubber tire marks in warehouse applications
• Will not discolour or blush over time
• Not affected by bond breaker systems when used as directed
• Will not leave a white cast on floor if over used or not removed
• Reduces operating costs by increased ease of maintenance and cleaning.
• Lower pH improves reactivity and stability of materials
• Low viscosity and smaller molecular size provides deeper and more complete penetration
• Will not peel
• Reduces dusting
• Can be applied to newly troweled green slabs